Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby's Chicken Noodle Soup

We were visiting family in Texas for Christmas when L came down with a bad cold...his first cold ever!  I knew his little throat was sore and hurting him, so I whipped up a little homemade chicken soup with what we had on hand.  This picture shows the most basic form of the soup, but I changed it up a little each time I made it during our visit.

I basically started with homemade chicken broth (no salt added) and cooked orzo pasta (tiny pasta stars would work too). Then I added other ingredients to jazz it up:
chopped cooked egg yolk (seen in the picture)
carrot puree
diced cooked chicken
mashed potatoes, thinned
tiny steamed broccoli florets

I have to add that getting him to drink the broth from a spoon was a challenge and pretty messy.  So I just put the leftover warm broth in his sippy cup so he could drink it.  I think this soup really helped him feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment