Friday, December 2, 2011

Mango Strawberry Sorbet

I started making "sorbets" for L at around 7 months.  He loves them!  It's simply blended frozen fruit, sometimes with a little baby yogurt.  In the past I've made sorbet with peaches, blueberries, and strawberries in different combinations.  Today I tried mango and strawberry for the first time...delicious!

I started with fresh peeled and diced mango and a couple of diced strawberries.  Freeze for a few hours until firm and then blend to a smooth consistency. You may have to sprinkle in a little water for smoothness.  Return to the freezer and serve for a delicious sweet treat. I usually pull it out of the freezer just as I'm about to feed him dinner so it has time to soften.  This is an especially good treat to serve while their teeth are coming in!

No comments:

Post a Comment